Happy Sunday! Don’t miss today’s Modernism Week highlights.
For those still coming into town, please note the following updates on road closures, courtesy of the City of Palm Springs:
- Vista Chino at the Wash is NOW OPEN.
- Gene Autry Trail at the Wash is expected to OPEN.
- Indian Canyon Drive between Garnet and San Rafael is CLOSED and is expected to open late next week.
- Farrell Drive between Ramon Road and Mesquite Avenue is CLOSED expected to open late next week.
- Golf Club Drive at the Wash is CLOSED. Damage is significant and still to be determined.
- Araby Drive at the Wash is CLOSED. Damage is significant and still to be determined. Access is available in and out of Araby Cove via Rim Road.
- Highway 111 between Gateway Drive and Overture Road is CLOSED.
For residents and visitors looking to get to Interstate 10, the City of Palm Springs advises the following routes:
- Gene Autry Trail
- Vista Chino to Date Palm Drive.
- Ramon Road to Bob Hope Drive, left on Bob Hope to freeway.
- Dinah Shore Drive to Bob Hope Drive, left on Bob Hope to freeway.
For the latest street closure information, visit the City’s website at www.palmspringsca.gov. You can also sign up for road closure alerts through the City’s Everbridge notification system by visiting the Palm Springs Police Department page at www.pspd.com.
Open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at 230 Museum Way.
- 21st Century studio & industrial design in our landscapes and transitional spaces
- From Real Woodies to Vinyl: America’s Love Affair with the Station Wagon
- Mod With A TWIST: CULTURE
- Premier Double Decker Architectural Bus Tours
- Modernism Week Shop by Destination PSP
- Interactive experiences with JennAir and Brizo, presented by Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
- Lighting by Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
- Area rugs by FLOR
- Lounge furniture by Tidelli
- Free coffee in the mornings, courtesy of Koffi
- Snacks, beverages, and meals at Cheeky’s To Go
- California Closets Pop-Up
- Corian Design Pop-Up
- Alpod Lounge, presented by Dosooz
- SHAG artwork and color consultations in the Dunn-Edwards booth
- Custom “What Lifts You” mural by artist Kelsey Montague
- Happy Hour with The Dreamboats, presented by Corian Design (4:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.)
- Modernism Week Featured Home: Green Gables
- Modernism Week Featured Home: La Vie en Rose
- Modernism Week Featured Home: Desert Eichler
- Palm Springs Door Tour 2019
EXHIBITIONS + SHOWS
- “Hugh Kaptur: Organic Desert Architecture”
- Palm Springs Modern Design Expo
- Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale
- The Princes of Kings Road: An Evening of Theater
You can still get tickets online for these upcoming events.
- The Kennedy Center: An American Architectural Icon, Then and Now (February 18)
- Seven Lakes Country Club Home Walking Tour (February 18)
- Immersive Landscapes (February 18)
- The Morse Residence – PS Mod Com Iconic Home Tour (February 18)
- Martinis on the Mountain (February 18)
- Sinatra in Palm Springs: Special Film Screening + Meet and Greet with Filmmaker (February 18)
- The Princes of Kings Road: An Evening of Theater (February 18)
- FILM: “Marooned” presented by Martin McGee (February 19)
- House Tour: Indian Canyons 1970s Mod Custom Home by Architect Hal Lacy (February 19)
- The “Grand” Canyon View Estates Tour (February 19)
- Aqualillies Synchronized Swimming Show & Water Ballet (dates vary)
- The Forgotten Frey: The Cree House (dates vary)
- Modernism Week Featured Home: Axiom Desert House (dates vary)
- Modernism Week Featured Home: Desert Eichler (dates vary)
- Modernism Week Featured Home: La Vie en Rose (dates vary)
- Modernism Week Featured Home: Sackley Shagadelic (dates vary)
- Modernism Week Show House: The Christopher Kennedy Compound (dates vary)
- Walker Guest House Replica Tour (dates vary)
- Modernism Week Signature Home Tour II: Morning Tour (February 24)
- Modernism Week Signature Home Tour II: Afternoon Tour (February 24)